Interested cyclists submit an application to the Standards Committee(subcommittee to CCA Education Committee).
The applicant must:
1) have completed Level II course or achieved 80% on multiple-choiceexam (and road exam if possible)
2) be a member of the provincial affiliate of the CCA
3) be competent in roadside repairs, e.g. flat tires, brake adjustments,etc.
4) have experience in club/group riding
5) be experienced and competent at cycling under a wide variety of conditionsof road, terrain, weather and traffic
6) be interested in teaching others.
1) completed application form
2) 2 completed recommendation forms
3) application fee of $20
The Standards Committee reviews application and recommends that theapplicant be accepted as a Bicycling II Instructor Trainee (B2IT) or thathe/she obtain more cycling experience. An advisor is assigned to each successfulapplicant.
Accepted B2IT score must be at least 90% in the on-road proficiencyexam and at least 70% on the B2IT written exam, comprised of 20 short essayquestions. Exams are marked by the Standards Committee
Upon successful completion of both exams the B2IT must perform successfullpractice teaching to qualify for certification,
B2ITsubmits a practice teaching summary to his/her advisor, who thenpasses it on with comments to the Standards Committee.
The B2IT's practice-teaching summary is reviewed by the Standards Committeewho decide that either:
1) the B2IT be certified as an B2I, or
2) the B2IT gain more experience teaching B2 and reapply for certificationat a later date.
Appendix A - Traffic Skills for Couriers
Appendix B - Bicycle Courier Examination
back to lawsand reports
If you have comments or suggestions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org